The top 10 richest Crypto people:
financial revolution and the craziest bubble of cryptocurrency has changed money as we know it, creating millionaires and billionaires overnight.
There are now nearly 1,500 crypto-assets in existence, valued at an aggregate of $550 billion, up 31 times since the beginning of 2017. While the prices of individual crypto coins continue to swing wildly, it’s clear that blockchain-based currency is here to stay and that these virtual assets have real, albeit volatile and speculative value,
In a first-ever, Forbes magazine has released a Crypto Rich List, a compilation of 10 wealthiest people in the crypto industry.
On the cover of Forbes is featured billionaire Changpeng “CZ” Zhao, CEO of Binance, the cryptocurrency exchange. His stake in Binance and his coins give CZ a personal fortune worth as much as $2 billion making him lead the list of top 10 richest Crypto people
“Our first-ever Crypto Rich list provides a snapshot of a pivotal moment, part of the transparency needed to pull crypto away from its provenance as an unknown currency,” said Randall Lane, Chief Content Officer, Forbes Media.
Given the opacity and crypto’s hyper-volatility, Forbes has released he crypto net-worth estimates in ranges. These numbers are based on estimated holdings of cryptocurrencies (a few provided proof), post-tax profits from trading crypto-assets and stakes in crypto-related businesses.
Chris Larsen, the founder of Ripple, topped the Forbes’ top 10 richest Crypto people Larsen’s net worth came close to $20 billion in early January 2018, as a result of owning 5.2 billion XRP, the token of Ripple. XRP has since crashed approximately 65%, but the Ripple billionaire still seizes the top spot on the list.
Top 10 richest Crypto people
- Joseph Lubin, co-founder of Ethereum and founder of Consensys is second on the list with a Crypto net worth between $1billion and $5 billion, making him top the list of top 10 richest Crypto people
- Changpeng Zhao aged 41 is the CEO of “BINANCE” stands at number three with the estimated worth of $1.1-$2 billion. In less than seven months Changpeng, popularly known as “CZ” has established the biggest crypto-exchange on this planet-“BINANCE”. And became the 2nd one in the list top 10 richest Crypto people During this time he has built up a platform having more than 6 million users and has even moved his operations to three different countries to stay one step ahead of the regulations that might hamper business
- Cameron & Tylor Winklevoss, the twin brothers are the co-founder of “Winklevoss Capital” and have an estimated crypto worth of $900 million-$1.1 billion. A New York-based exchange system was built by them which now processed $300 million transactions each day.Making them to the top 10 richest Crypto people.
- Matthew Mellon, an individual investor aged 51 years, started invested in cryptocurrency long back despite the disapproval of his family and friends but no has an estimated worth of $900-$1 billion.
- Brian Armstrong, CEO of “Coinbase” was founded in 2012 in the US, having a present net worth of $900-$1 billion.
- Matthew Roszak, aged 45 is the founder of “Tally Capital” and co-founder of “BLOQ” and has an estimated crypto worth of $900 million-$1 billion making him worthy enough for the Forbes top 10 richest Crypto people.
- Anthony Di Iorio, is only 43 years old and is the founder of “JAXX”, “DECENTRAL” as well as co-founder of “ETHEREUM“. He has crypto worth around $750 million-$1 billion.
- Brock Pierce, is the chairman of the “Bitcoin Foundation” and is the advisor of “block.one”. He is just 37 years old and owns crypto value of $700 million-$1 billion.
- Michael Novogratz, a former billionaire, and well-known hedge fund manager began investing in crypto in 2013 and has an approximated worth of $700 million-$900 million. He is 53 years old and is the CEO of “Galaxy Digital”
- Brendan Blumer, aged 31 is the CEO of “Block.one” and owns crypto worth of around $600 million-$700 million.